The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is a recruitment agency, which conducts the online examination to recruit the personnel for the post of probationary officer/ Management trainee in various Public-Sector Banks, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, LIC & Insurance companies and other Banks which are regular members of the IBPS society.
Eligible and interested Candidates are required to register online for the recruitment process on the official IBPS website www.ibps.in. The 3-tiered selection process consists of Preliminary and Main Exams which will be conducted online, followed by Interview. Candidates must pass each exam to get shortlisted and progress to the next stage. Final selection will be based on Mains and Interview merit.
The provisional allotment of the qualified candidate is released on the official website. The IBPS Banks are allotted based on candidates' preferences which are made at the time of online application.
Candidates who want to appear in IBPS PO 2020 Exam need to register for the Common Recruitment Process. Following pre-requisites:
- • A valid Email Id
- • Photograph and Signature scanned in the prescribed size.
- • Application Fee must be paid online so all document required for online transaction.
IBPS PO Pre-Exam 2020 is tentatively scheduled on 13th, 14th, 20th and 21st October 2020 while the IBPS PO Main Examination will be tentatively held on 18th November 2020.
Candidates must download the IBPS PO 2020 admit card from the official website of the bank as the hard copy of the IBPS PO Admit Card will not be sent to the candidate via post. To login on the official website, the candidates will require the following:
- • Registration No/Roll No
- • Date of Birth/ Password
The admit card will be made available 10 to 15 days before the IBPS PO 2020 Exam. The admit card or call letter for IBPS PO 2020 will be issued in 3 phases:
- • Online Preliminary Examination
- • Online Mains Examination
- • Interview
Eligibility CriteriaEducational Qualification
- • Graduation Degree: A graduation degree (BA, B.com, BSc, B.Tech or as such) in any discipline from a University recognized by the Government of India. Equivalent qualification which is recognized by the Central Government is also eligible to apply for this exam.
- • Computer Literacy: Working knowledge of computer systems is necessary for the job as well as to give the IBPS PO exam which is conducted in online mode.
- • Language Proficiency: Verbal and written proficiency in official language of the State/UT is desirable. The candidate must be able to read, write and speak the language.
Age of the candidate should be in between the 20 and 30 years old at the time of registration. In addition to this, there is some Age Relaxation applicable to following Categories as per the government rules:
- • Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST): - 5 years
- • Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-Creamy Layer): - 3 years
- • Persons with Disabilities (PWD): - 10 years
- • Ex-Servicemen (Army personnel): - 5 years
- • Widows/Divorced Women: - 9 years
Prelims Exam Pattern : The IBPS PO preliminary examination has a total duration of 1 hour and is conducted in online mode. It consists of 3 sections with a total of 100 questions and maximum score of 100 marks. Candidates must clear the cut-off in all 3 sections to qualify for the IBPS PO Main exam. The section-wise details are given below:
Mains Exam Pattern : The IBPO PO Main exam is also conducted online, it has 5 (4+1) sections with a total score of 200+25 marks and total duration of 180+30 minutes.
|S. No.||Paper||Duration||Type of Questions||Questions||Marks|
|1||Prelim Exam||1 hour||
|2||Mains Exam||3 hours||
|2||Mains Exam||30 minutes||
Interview :The candidates who have qualified the mains exam are called for a face to face interview which carries a maximum of 100 marks. The minimum qualifying marks in the interview is 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
The interview round is generally 15-20 minutes long, where a panel of bank officials ask questions to the candidates about themselves, banking sector, current affairs, general awareness, etc. The candidates must be well dressed, confident and carry all required documents to the interview.
The final merit list is prepared on the basis of marks obtained in mains examination and interview. The final score is calculated by IBPS with weightage of marks given to the main examination and interview in the ratio of 80:20 respectively.
|Events ( IBPS PO Main 2020 )||Dates|
|On-line registration (Modification, Online Payment) by candidates||by 1st week of August 2020|
|IBPS PO Preliminary Exam Date||3rd, 4th & 10th October 2020|
|IBPS PO Mains Exam Date||28th November 2020|
|Declaration of IBPS PO Mains Exam Result||December 2020|
|Declaration and download of IBPS PO Interview Call Letter||January / February 2020|
|Date of IBPS PO Interview||1st April 2021|
|Allotment of Provisional Posting||Declaration Soon|
- Logical Reasoning
- Alphanumeric Series
- Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test
- Data Sufficiency
- Coded Inequalities
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relations
- Input Output
- Coding Decoding
- Profit & Loss
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices
- Work & Time
- Time & Distance
- Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere
- Data Interpretation
- Ratio & Proportion, Percentage
- Number Systems
- Sequence & Series
- Permutation, Combination & Probability
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Para jumbles
- Fill in the blanks
- Multiple Meaning /Error Spotting
- Paragraph Completion
- Tabular Graph
- Line Graph
- Pie Chart
- Bar Graph
- Data Sufficiency
- Permutation and Combination
- Financial Awareness
- Current Affairs
- General Knowledge
- Static Awareness
- Banking and Financial Awareness
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Computer Abbreviation
- Microsoft Office
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Software
- Operating System
- Computer Fundamentals/Terminologies